Sunday, August 25, 2013

Counting Down the 20 Coolest Anime Characters


This is a project that I have wanted to start for a really long time. For one, I watch an obscene amount of anime. So it would be a shame if I didn't share a list of the 20 characters that I thought were the coolest out of all the animes that I've watched. So heres how this will work...I plan on posting each character as often as I can. Likely these posts will be spaced out over the course of several days or will become a weekly thing. These posts will also be interspersed with my regular postings, just so I retain that kind of quota. This is the first time I've undertook a project of such size for this blog and yes, 20 posts is a number higher than the total amount of times that I've posted on this blog. So with that out of the way, I feel that a post like this requires a couple disclaimers:

1.) This list is a representation of MY OPINION

As stated above, this list represents my opinion. I'm not saying that it's a fact that one character is ranked higher than another, it's just my opinion. I'm sure other people who read this will have their own opinions as to where a character should rank and frankly I don't care. This is my list so it will be in my order which will be decided upon based on my standards.

2.) These characters are only from animes that I HAVE SEEN

I understand that theres several other "legendary" characters out there in animes I haven't seen (Death Note, One Piece (unlikely anyway), or Full Metal Alchemist). However, I feel that I have reached a point as an anime watcher that I have seen enough animes (enough great ones in fact) that I can make a suitable list. Once again, this is represents MY OPINION.

3.) Spoilers will be difficult to keep out

It's hard to get into how good each character is without spoiling a couple things. So if you haven't seen the show that said character is in; tread lightly.

So the next thing that I have to decide is how exactly I have decided to make this list. What am I taking into consideration when I make a list like this? Let's start with the title of this list. I plan on listing the 20 "Coolest" characters. Now of course, this list will be based on what my definition of a cool anime character is. A cool character can be several things; they can be a badass or an extremely complex and intricate character who goes under awesome character development. Alright, so lets boil this down to five points.

1.) Backstory
2.) Personality
3.) Character Development/Depth
4.) Character Design
5.) Badassitude

That's a pretty succinct list and one that I think sums up what I take into account when I evaluate an anime character. As you will see, each character on this list is cool for their own separate reasons. So now that I've cleared the air on all of these points I can't wait to start this. Expect #20 to be up in a few hours or so.

See Ya Space Cowboy


No comments:

Post a Comment